Another bimonthly post about my sales and publications:
- October: A Human’s life published on Digital Fictions Pub’s QuickFic.
- October: A Human’s life published on AntipodeanSF, too.
- November: Daughter of the Sea published on AntipodeanSF.
- November: The Longest Journey accepted by Havok.
That’s about it for now, hope for something more in December.
Well, as much as I dread the task, I must finally post something. This should be six posts, actually, (two sales, three publications, one WOTF result) but I am squeezing it into one.
So here’s a summary of what I did in August (and a little September):
- A 19-day acceptance for a story written for a Codex contest (my first Codex contest, and this is my first Codex contest story sale). Sixth sale to Galaxy’s Edge, 42nd sale overall, 16th in 2017, and 19th for an original story.
- 41st sale was also during the summer, to Bards & Sages Quarterly, after two R&Rs and a total wait of 257 days during three submissions. All’s well that ends well, right?
- My third story was published in AntipodeanSF, and, a month later, my fourth story was published in AntipodeanSF. Two more to go in October and November.
- Another story was podcast in 600 Second Saga.
- And I received a SHM from Writers of the Future. Well, I could do better than that, but at least it’s my first SHM.
My Greek-themed story, Daughter of the Sea, originally published in Truancy and later included in Best Vegan SFF 2016, will be podcast by The Centropic Oracle. More news when there’s a publication date.
And it’s a fifth acceptance by Galaxy’s Edge, the incredible magazine of Mike Resnick.
It seems I’m becoming a regular 🙂
After the mythological interlude, I’m back with a piece of SF flash. I like writing that stuff. I’ll always rather read fantasy epics, but flash is made for science fiction.
Last week I had the nicest birthday present from Mike Resnick: an acceptance of my Greek myth mashup, Pandora Rising, to Galaxy’s Edge. I’ve been published in Galaxy’s Edge three times before, but only with flash; this will be my first full-length short story there. As I’ve just found out, I can now become an associate member of SFWA — although I’ll probably wait until I qualify for full membership to apply.
Funny coincidence: Believe it or not, as I’m reading the message and replying to Mike, my wife turns on the TV — and the show just happens to be a rendering of the myth of Pandora.
Fun facts (I love statistics!):
2nd sale in a couple of days
3rd sale in May
11th sale in 2017
37th lifetime sale (only counting short stories in English)
4th sale to Galaxy’s Edge
16th original story sale
10th pro-rates sale
4th sale to a SFWA-qualifying market
One of my stories will be podcast by 600 Second Saga. It will be my first appearance there and I’m happy about it.
I should also mention this: I had a third acceptance by AntipodeanSF in 2017, and I will have stories in the August, September and October issues.
2017: 9 acceptances, 8 publications
Lifetime: 35 acceptances, 25 publications